We enjoyed a beautiful autumn this year. I think we enjoyed it all the more because last year winter moved in before the leaves could drop—or even change color.
But this year, we got to see it all.
I think God is gracious to give us time to prepare for changes, the twists and turns that come our way. Adjustment is hard enough at times, so it is good to have a period to get ready for it.
Winter follows autumn and the skies are dark today.
Hope always lines the dark skies of our souls. We don’t always see it, but it is constantly there. We know it because our Jesus has promised it.
I wrote about His guarantees to us the last time I blogged. None of it has changed because our God is unchangeable, unlike the seasons.
- He is always with us and will never leave us.
- He prepares us for changes and walks through them with us.
- He sent us His Holy Spirit who guides us through it all.
- He has overcome all evil.
- He assures us of His peace in our hearts, no matter what.
- He will return for us. Be ready.
Life is not easy. We all face the hard things. But it won’t always be this way. There is a glorious eternal future coming.
Be faithful in believing what Jesus said. What He said, He will do.
Look up. The golden sun and gorgeous cobalt blue skies are above the gray clouds.
Go forward with confidence. Jesus loves us with an everlasting love. And His promises are true.