It’s Mother’s Day. The very word mother means to create a new generation. How do you honor your mother? If you ARE the mother, what would you pass on to your generations?
Out Of The Past
How many times have I wished my forebears had left a record for me. I wish I had journals to read. What were their struggles? What could I learn from their struggles? Could I get out of repeating their mistakes—and their consequences?
How were the strongholds of evil built in a family? Were they broken? How were they broken? How was God faithful to them? Did they even know Him?
I wish I might have known the people they were and the forces that made me who I am. More importantly—how many times I have asked the question, “WHO PRAYED FOR ME THAT I MIGHT KNOW THE SAVIOR?”
Into The Future
- To all my generations who may read my journals one day—know that I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!
- I want you to know Jesus. The One who is to come to take you to where He is for all eternity.
- The place where we may yet meet!
I hope that in keeping my journals for you to read, that you may be helped in some of your life’s struggles. So that you can see that those who have gone before you have struggled with the sin nature, too: fleshly desires, anger, denial in harmful circumstances, wrong choices made, and the consequences suffered.
May you learn and benefit by what you learn from me.
Solomon said, “Nothing is new under the sun.” He was right.
Stake In The Ground
- Jesus died for us when He came to earth to bear our sin
- He rose from the dead to give us eternal life
- After He returned to heaven, He sent His Holy Spirit
- He is coming again soon to collect us for our eternal home
- We have victory—even through our humanness.
- We can drive the stake in the ground and claim victory because our God is with us.